Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Starting a New chapter in our lives

Well, I have accepted the job in Billings, and I start September 10th. that seems like a while off yet, but not really when there are 100 things you have to do between now and then. I am very excited and yet nervous about having a "real" job and wondering if I will do a good job, and also not too sure about leaving Addison with a stranger while I am at work. I have a job, which is great, but we don't have a place to live yet. I haven't taken my licensure exam yet, which needs to be taken and passed before I can start work. We have a house to pack and a million other things which all seem impossible to accomplish in the short amount of time we have. So, needless to say, if we get everything done in time, it will be a miracle! :) I believe that this is a true test of my ability to trust God and trust that He will take care of everything. He has taken care of us thus far and I know that He does a much better job than I could ever do, but sometimes it seems so impossible for things to get done and all I do is stress and worry, when I really need to lay it all down at the Lord's feet and let Him be in control. I am learning that I continually have to lay things at His feet, because I try to do things on my own, and just get all worked up about things. So, we are going to be a lot closer to home in a few short months, and we can't wait. On a much lighter note, we are doing good. Addison is growing bigger everyday. She loves making noises....we like to talk to each other. We are starting to see a little bit more of her personality. I believe she is going to be very strong-willed....I have no idea where she gets that from. :) ( me of course). she is such a joy, and even when things seem to be stressful, all I have to do is look at my little angel ,and I can't help but smile and be so overjoyed with this little miracle I have been blessed with!

1 comment:

Grandma Lisa said...

I am so happy that you got a job closer to home. If I lived in Billings I would love to watch her everyday you were at work. Heather, I know that God will help you as you make these important transitions. It really is an everyday event to "lay our burdens down". I am overjoyed to read your comments about your life as a family. I look forward to a day when we will get to know each other more personally than formally.
Addison is a beautiful little girl.
Tell her Grandma and Aunties say hi and we love her.